MARKETING, EVENTS & Content writing
Team Austin Foundation seeks to foster greater access to technology and entrepreneurship for future leaders in underrepresented communities. Team Austin is a non-profit organization, developing Austin's entrepreneurial community through education, networking, scholarships and volunteerism.
The Team Austin Foundation is a501(c)(3) organization accredited by the IRS. The fund provides scholarships to code schools or design schools for low-income individuals, with a special focus on underrepresented communities in tech jobs, including women, people of color, and at-risk youth.
Through partnerships with nonprofits and government agencies, they pilot programs to create pathways for underserved populations into high-wage, 21st century, in-demand jobs in technology, business, data, and design.
Upon being elected to the Board of Team Austin in 2015, I have worked with my fellow Board Members to develop and structure Team Austin's board election process, develop a membership program, launch our 501 C 3, create an online strategic marketing plan, and expand our yearly events. We currently host one event a month that ranges from a networking happy hour to a Speaker Series event that invites local business professionals to come speak on a topic and share their knowledge with our members.
This work resulted in:
- 50% increase in event attendance
- 30% increase in memberships
- A 15 person board structure with incorporated bylaws, election processes and roles and responsibilities
- Partnerships with companies such as Google Fiber, WeWork, and SXSW
- A 501 (c) (3) scholarship foundation that provides scholarships to code schools or design schools for low-income individuals, with a special focus on underrepresented communities in tech jobs, including women, people of color, and at-risk youth
- 5 blog posts
- Winner of Austin Inno's 50 on Fire, Social Impact